
Aha! Leaving 2009 with much love and grattitude for my many blessings!!
I want to acknowledge humbly, the many calls, cards, emails, caring gestures of friends and family - I'm overwhelmed!! Although I didn't get a chance to talk with each of you personally during my surgery encounter, please know how much I appreciate your correspondence!!!! I find comfort in knowing that there are so many positive thoughts and a strong network of prayer; that we have much continued support on this lengthy journey!!
I refrained from posting too soon after surgery as the Percocet sort of numbed my senses - I'm sure Glen was beginning to think they might have removed half of my brain along with the breasts....
I won't bore you with the details - but recovery so far has been pretty easy - Not near the pain and incapacity that I expected!!
Saw the Dr. yesterday - still have two drains, apparently using my arms too much - hand to mouth eating, drinking, and using tv remote must account for too much repetetive movement, because REALLY, I feel like that's all I do!
OK, so I probably did a little more, but, I'll stop doing what little I was doing...AGAIN, I'm not complaining, I can pet the dog with my feet!
Now, Drum Roll..........In addition to getting a little fill in the tissue expanders - for those of you keeping track, 250cc at surgery, 60cc yesterday...now 310cc in each!! Too much information for the rest of you?! - Sorry - crazy how all of this now seems 'just normal'! ANYWAY, the cause for the drum roll.....pathology report says no cancer cells remain!!!!!! Of course that's what we wanted, but you never know...God is Great, and chemo did it's job!
Was a great day with my hubby! I felt really good, taste back to normal, wore real clothes...Got GREAT news, went shopping, out to dinner, even had a cocktail - it was, after all, happy hour.
Wishing you all a safe celebration, much happiness, love, and good health as we enter 2010!!
I am so glad you are doing well. I know it was scary for this to go on but God has been watching over you and helping you.
ReplyDeleteLet us know if you need anything at all. Besides prayer.
Nicole & Jay Stortz