Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brief Update

Sorry for the redundancy for you facebookers who already saw the 'lap dog' blocking my rays at the lake last week!!
Hello loved ones!! Not much new news - had final dose of 'bad chemo' Friday. Back yesterday for labwork - Dr. feared that my blood counts might drop, in which case I would've required an injection or possible transfusion. BUT, no fear - counts were fine!! So, on one of my feeling crummy days, I had to look presentable and drive to Cape (bummer, huh?) - while I waited for the results, grabbed a cup of soup from Panera headed to Arena Park (where I used to frequently enjoy lunch when I worked in Cape) -parked under a shade tree, sipped my soup and took a little nap:)
This go around, when I've not been too sure what to eat - have enjoyed chicken noodle soup and PB&J - what am I, 8 years old?!
Anyway, am feeling better today, rode with Glen in the way cool 70 Chevy Pickup (with Sam in the back, of course) to pick Matthew up from school and then went for a frozen Pepsi. Also drinking alot of soda these days. Have acquired more of a Sweet tooth all around, I'm sure by the end of this week, if not before, I'll be back down in the ice cream freezer - The Schwan man appreciates my 'new taste' - helped him with his 'ice cream promo' last week - when normally would've only ordered the usual pizzas, pretzels, and popcorn chicken:) -
Thank you all for continued concern - I so enjoy the cards and letters! A special thank you Wade for beautiful letter and the music compilation - I downloaded the tunes and added to my ipod today for Glen - he listens to it while he's mowing - Only after I turn it on, set it to shuffle, etc. - he is growing in technologic skill though - has even texted a few times!!!
Love to all - will keep in touch!!
I'll try to post a link here to a youtube video that my mother sent - Think you Dog Lovers will appreciate: it's over on the side bar... Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment