Hello Everyone! Had my third round of chemo last Friday - Over half way done with this treatment. Supposedly the weekly treatments will be much easier - Spent much time at the Seminary Picnic this weekend - so glad to see many of you there - so you could see first hand, that I am doing so good! I have been 'a little lazy' this week. Had to go to Cape Monday for a shot (give the bone marrow a little boost) - Thank you sista Shannon for the escort! Thought with the compazine I might be a little loopy to drive and I LOVED THE COMPANY!!! I slept most of Tuesday, ran the kids to appointments in Cape Wed - invited myself over to Dawn's wed nite for a long overdue visit LOVED IT!! and actually worked a whole day at the facility yesterday! I again, really cannot complain...no nausea, just tire easily and a little indigestion this time.
Have received more cards this week. I really appreciate them!!!! And with the current status of the Postal Service, Glen appreciates them too (LOL!!) Seriously, it's very comforting knowing that so many are concerned. Prayers, support, well wishes, are all good medicine without side effects!!
Oncologist Friday was very pleased with tumor response to chemo. He further explained that the cellular structure of the type of cancer I have - responds well to the treatments that are now available. He's confident that by the time I have surgery there'll be no sign of the disease. He also feels that as I'm doing so well with this chemo that the weekly treatments should be 'a breeze' (we'll see).
That doesn't mean you all can stop the prayers - I think everyone knows there's no guarantee when it comes to Cancer. I continue to feel very blessed, not only that the tumor is responding, but that I'm tolerating the treatments so well, for my beautiful family, especially Glen (I cannot adequately describe how terrific he is), and that I have all of you 'rooting for me'!!
Love to you all until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment